Monday, August 3, 2009

Sweet Summertime!

Man! Summer sure seems to get shorter and shorter everyday!
This summer has flown by due to all the craziness that we started it with. My Brother, along with my Aunt Nancy, Abby, Kyle and Uncle Phil all recently traveled up to Pittsburgh, PA to celebrate the life of my Dad with his parents and Brother's family July 18th. We had such a great time. I haven't laughed as hard as we did since the days at Myrtle Beach. It brought back some great memories and we all got some pretty good Steelers gear while we were there too! Cabe did AWESOME on his Eulogy, and we finally got to leave Dad at peace exactly where he wanted to be. Such a great feeling to remember him as he once was and to hear stories about him when he was younger. We even met a couple of his old girlfriends...man was that funny! All in all, it was a great trip and I can't wait to get back up to visit Nana and Pap soon!

Nana and all of her girls together again!
Courtney, Me, Nana, Abby and Ashley

Cabe, Pap and Me after our Dad's Memorial in Charleroi, PA
July 18, 2009

The morning after we got back from Pittsburgh, we left at 5am to head to DESTIN, FL for a week of relaxation and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! We had such a great time, and with all the seafood we ate I'm sure I could have turned into a crab by now. The beach is so relaxing and we really had a great time together. It had been such a long time since we have had nothing to do, and no agenda to keep. So, we really enjoyed all the quality family time we got to spend together. On our last night in Destin, we had the BEST sushi I have ever had. I just had to throw that out there because we were a little nervous to go in a try it since they didn't look too busy, but boy was it worth it! My mouth is watering just thinking of it!

Family Shot on the Beach!
Momma, Me and Cabe
SanDestin, FL 2009

Andrew, Me, Cabe and Mom in front of the condo the last night of our trip.

When we arrived back at home from vacation, Uncle Jeff and Elizabeth were there to greet us! No rest for the weary I tell ya! We enjoyed some good times of playing Texican Train, NASA and getting to ride some rides and enjoy an awesome dinner at Kemah too! It is always so nice when they visit, which isn't often enough. Can't wait to see you guys again soon!

Me, Elizabeth and Cabe waiting for the simulator ride @ NASA.

Uncle Jeff, Cabe and Mom @ NASA

This week we are all back at work. Momma was pretty much off for the month of July, and today was her first day back at the office. I'm also back to a pretty full week of work, but with the best kiddos, Lauren and Lily! I love when I get to spend some time with them. They are getting so big and it makes me feel really old! Did I mention that I'm going to be 24 in just a couple of weeks?!?! Can't wait to celebrate with family in Dallas first, and then in Houston with friends and family the following weekend! I love parties! Can't wait for all the fun this month!

I hope everyone has been blessed with a wonderful summer, I'm so sad it's almost over! Have great week!

-Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment