Friday, January 15, 2010

Hello 2010!

Happy New Year!

So its been a while since I've posted anything, but we have just been so busy these past couple of months. I've hardly  been at home at all. Not that I'm complaining!

Just a quick recap of our holidays to catch everyone up to speed...

For Thanksgiving this year we celebrated in College Station at my brothers house! It sure was different, but we had a great time having the traditional dinner and then heading to the A&M vs. Texas game. It was a fun game to watch this year because the Aggies actually showed up to play! Imagine that! Just kidding! The game was a blast, although a little cold. However, we weren't so lucky during the drive back home. We were rear ended by an idiot who wasn't paying attention. After a quick trip to the ER, we were headed back to Houston at 4am. Nice.

The weekend after Thanksgiving, me and Ashley were in a friends wedding in Houston. Congrats again Dan and April! We had a blast, and we felt so special to be able to share in their special day!

After Thanksgiving, it was on to finish school. FINALS STINK! I came out OK though, and made 2 A's and 1 "B". I was a little upset given the fact that my "B" was ONE point away from an "A" and my teacher wouldn't give it to me. UGH! Better luck next semester I guess!

This year we spend Christmas in the Mountains of North Carolina! What a treat that was, we got to have a white Christmas! It was great to spend low key time, and get some much needed rest with our fabulous family. Cabe and I spent a lot of time at the lake with Uncle Jeff catching up on our movies. Time well spent. Can't wait to go back up this summer for a little lake action!

We were home 3 short days and then turned around and left for NEW YORK CITY!!! For New Years this year we went to the city that never sleeps to ring in 2010! We celebrated at the Hewitt office in Times Square and it was a blast to see the ball drop from the warm office, rather then standing on the street outside! We got lucky! I loved NYC, but after a few days there I realized that I am not a "city girl". I was ready to come back to Texas and a little bit of warmer weather!

So far 2010 has been nothing short of fabulous! I am starting school on the 19th of January and gearing up to be finished with school forever here pretty soon! Can't wait! Since I could only get my classes on Mon/Wed/Fri, I can't babysit for the Cole Family anymore. I have been with them for 2 years and have seen these kiddos grow up! Bittersweet for sure. I guess we all have to move on at some point though. I do get to start a new job and adventure with TOMS Shoes, Inc. I get to make my own schedule which works fabulous since I will be in school and I get to work for the coolest boss lady ever, Jillian! I can't wait to see what this year has in store for me. Great things to come I'm sure!

I just wanted to give a quick update on what has been going on these past couple of months around our neck of the woods. I'm sure we will have so much to be thankful for in 2010, here's to a new year and new beginnings!

Love to all!

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment